Vegan Food and Fashion
Country of origin
- To make a delightful cross-platform site and application that makes life easier for vegans and vegan-curious people.
- The site and application should be intuitive, amusing, fluid, user-accommodating and adaptable to users' preferences.
- Amazing vegan recipes from the best sources.
- Cruelty-free fashion from the best brands.
- Beautiful articles for people starting with veganism and curious about various vegan aspects.
- Chrome extension suggesting users animal-friendly recipes and fashion alternatives.
- Adapting to your needs, accustomed to you.
- Push notifications based on user’s preferences.
- Recent Vegan leaders’ posts and influential messages to inspire and promote veganism.
- Users can post their recipes.
- Brokpa: A community of Veegs users that unites people based on their preferences such as Places, Like-mindedness, Recipe and Fashion brands & leaders.
Veegs is a cruelty free portal for all things vegan introduced in 2020 based in the USA. Veegs aims to provide the best resources for all things vegan and saving animal lives.
- Veegs aims to be your partner in your pursuit of healthiness.
- Your compassion in a healthier, better lifestyle.
- Your acquaintance in everything vegan.
- Is dedicated to people aspiring to go all vegan!
Thinkwik is a well-known organization delivering the best IT services and products combining their marketing and technical expertise.
Owner of Veegs is aware of the robust, cost-justifiable, user-accommodating services and products delivered by Thinkwik, which made him decide to go with us for his quest.
How Veegs Was Born
The owner of Veegs is a born and bred Aussie web designer now residing in the USA. Being an animal lover he realised that despite his love for animals most of his meals were centered around meat.
His true journey towards becoming vegan began when he was moving from Australia to the USA. After the trip he and his wife realised that they were not feeling good because of all the meat they had consumed on the way. When they reached New York they decided it was time to take a break from eating meat.
The final nail in the coffin came when he learned about the documentaries such as Forks Over Knives, Cowspiracy, What The Health, etc. 200 million land animals are slaughtered around the world every single day, in the United States alone, roughly 25 million animals are slaughtered every single day. These documentaries and statistics opened his eyes as to how animals are slaughtered for mere pleasure of a human’s taste buds and in the name of fashion. From this point, it was more about animals rather than his and his family’s health.
This inspired him to take an initiative to help others on their path of veganism. He came up with the wonderful idea to create a platform where individuals could visit and easily browse vegan recipes and cruelty-free fashion from top resources and brands, all in the one place.
The owner of Veegs realised there was an abundance of different resources online; including many amazing blogs, plant-based news, vegan recipe sites, chef and vegan influencer social media accounts and a lot more. There wasn’t just one good source that brought it all together though. This one brainwave led to the introduction of Veegs.
He trusted the Thinkwik team for his quest. The challenge was to create such a site that the user would find it informative and they should feel content once they have been to the site. The website should be user friendly and intuitive to accommodate a wider spectrum of audience. Once a user sign’s in, it should be smart to get tailored based on their preference as they use it. Instead of keeping things rough and tough, we decided to give Veegs an amusing personality, like a fun friend you like to have around instead of a strict mentor.
Veegs is a platform where individuals could visit and easily browse vegan recipes and cruelty free fashion from top brands and resources all in one place.
In order to provide the user with the best possible content from the best possible sources traditional methods would not suffice. For this, complex and sensitive web fetching had to be done from 3rd party sites with finesse. It had to be done in such a way that inappropriate data which is present in the site is not shown to the user.
Since the data is gathered from multiple sources, content moderation has to be done in order to deliver the best and most appropriate content that the user will find entertaining and useful.
Providing best quality videos/pictures to the users can be challenging when the data is collected from multiple sources using different types of content. To overcome these above mentioned challenges our developers used their expertise and were able to provide the users with the best possible content in the best possible way and up to our standards. After implementing the web fetching, recipe module and then the fashion module were the first features that were introduced to the site.
Next we made an application for Android and iOS with similar functionalities so mobile users will also be able to take advantage of our portal.
Since the data is gathered from multiple sources, content moderation. The mobile application also comprises alluring articles that are useful for users beginning with veganism and vegan enthusiasts.
Veegs will be personalised for different users based on their preference the application would suggest to them content that they would find most useful. Users will be able to set notifications and the application will recommend recipes based on their time preferences.
After making the wonderful site and application, we created a Veegs chrome extension. While browsing the web, this chrome extension would suggest the user a more animal friendly alternative for the content that they were viewing. Let's say you searched the web for a chicken burger recipe, the extension would suggest a plant based burger recipe from a reputable recipe site.
On the fashion front let’s say the user searched for leather jackets, the extension would suggest artificial leather jackets from leading vegan brands which are plant based and cruelty free.
As the ideas kept coming, we kept implementing them in the project. The next module introduced was the Vegan Leaders module. This module comprises the latest vegan promoting posts and articles from well-known vegan influencers from various industries.
Being detail oriented and keeping user experience and interface in focus, when the user is viewing any recipe first of all the user is presented with a beautiful layout of recipe making it very intuitive for the user. While making any recipe, for all the steps users have completed they would be able to select that step which will mark them green so that the user can keep an easy track of the steps they have completed. We later added the facility to post on any recipe. The idea being that the user will be able to post their own version of the recipe which can be seen by other users as well making it relatable.
Later we introduced Veegs Community module to the application called Brokpa. This brings you closer to the people who are like-minded based on different criterias which are similar taste in recipes, brands of fashion and recipe, location they are based in, the leaders they are following.
And finally in order to manage all these aspects of the platform we implemented the admin panel. With the admin panel as well the approach was similar as the main goal was to make it pleasing and accommodating.The contents of the panel are described below:
- The dashboard which contains all the essential information.
- The content management module where the admin can control the content of the site.
- The user management module where the admin can see the information of all the users. Here the admin will decide to approve the requests applied by creators.
- The admin can set their preferences of the notifications related to any important updates of the project.
In order to make the application more interactive and social we have also thought about future functionalities which are:
- Veegs made it easier for vegans and vegan curious people to just visit one place and find everything they would want.
- 40% on average increased traffic on the sites promoting animal friendly recipes and fashion.
- All animal friendly cautious individuals can rest assured that everything they are getting is cruelty free and they do not need to check meticulously on every platform which often is tedious for any individual.
- Helping 1000+ everyday on their path of veganism.
- People have been reporting that they are living a much healthier happier life and many have not suffered from any major diseases after going vegan.
“At 40 years of age I am fitter than I was at 30, I haven’t been sick with a virus or flu in years. I feel a huge weight of guilt (I never knew I had) has lifted off my shoulders and set me on the right path. A journey and a purpose I had always been searching for! Thanks to Thinkwik for making my dream a reality!”
CEO, Veegs Inc.